Welcome to Panpan Zhang’s personal website. I am currently an Assistant Professor of Biostatistics (tenure track) in the Department of Biostatistics and an Assistant Professor of Neurology (secondary) in the Department of Neurology at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). Besides, I am a faculty member within the Vanderbilt Memory & Alzheimer’s Center (VMAC), which is an NIA-funded exploratory Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) at VUMC.
Prior to joining VUMC, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics (DBEI) at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania (Penn), under the supervision of Professor Sharon X. Xie. From 2016 to 2018, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Connecticut.
I grew up in Shanghai, China. I received M.A. in Mathematics from Wake Forest University in 2012, and started my doctoral training in the Department of Statistics at the George Washington University in the same year. I got Ph.D. in Statistics in 2016. My dissertation was On Properties of Several Random Networks under the supervision of Professor Hosam M. Mahmoud.
- I am the Publications Officer of the ASA Statistics in Imaging Section (2023 - 2024).
- I am an Associate Editor of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (Since 2023).
- I am an Associate Editor of Journal of Data Science (Since 2020).
- My invited session proposal has been accepted for ENAR 2024 Spring Meeting in Baltimore, MD, USA from March 10 to 13, 2024. The session title is “Advances in Statistical Methods for Studying Neurodegenerative Diseases”. There are four internationally renowned biostatisticians who will present their recent works in my invited session; They are Professors Sharon X. Xie (Penn), Dana L. Tudorascu (Pitt), Ali Shojaie (U Washington) and Sheng Luo (Duke).
- Our method paper “A Mixed-Membership Model for Social Network Clustering” is accepted for publication in Journal of Data Science. The online version is available at DOI. This is a joint work with Guang Ouyang (UConn) and Professor Dipak K. Dey (UConn).
- Our algorithm paper “Generating General Preferential Attachment Networks with R Package wdnet” is accepted for publication in Journal of Data Science. The online version is available at DOI. This is a joint work with Yelie Yuan (UConn) and Professors Tiandong Wang (Fudan) and Jun Yan (UConn).
- Our method paper “Variational Bayesian Inference for Bipartite Mixed-Membership Stochastic Block Model with Applications to Collaborative Filtering” is accepted for publication in Computational Statistics and Data Science. The online version is available at DOI. This is a joint work with Zifeng Ye (USTC) and Professors Kun Chen (UConn) and Jie Liu (USTC).
- I will present “Double Anchoring Events-Based Sigmoidal Mixed Model for Longitudinal Memory Decline in Alzheimer’s Disease” in an invited session at WNAR 2023, Anchorage, AK, USA. This is a joint work with Kaidi Kang (VUMC), Professor Dandan Liu (VUMC) and many other colleagues from VMAC.
- Address: 2525 West End Avenue, Suite 1100, Room 11128A, Nashville, TN 37203, U.S.A.
- Phone: (615) 322-2001
- Primary Email: panpan (dot) zhang (at) vumc (dot) org
- Alternate Email: panpan (dot) zhang (dot) 1 (at) vanderbilt (dot) edu