My Personal Website
Welcome to Panpan Zhang’s personal website. I am currently an Assistant Professor of Biostatistics (tenure track) in the Department of Biostatistics and an Assistant Professor of Neurology (secondary) in the Department of Neurology at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). Besides, I am a faculty member within the Vanderbilt Memory & Alzheimer’s Center (VMAC), which is an NIA-funded exploratory Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) at VUMC.
Prior to joining VUMC, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics (DBEI) at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania (Penn), under the supervision of Professor Sharon X. Xie. From 2016 to 2018, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Connecticut.
I grew up in Shanghai, China. I received M.A. in Mathematics from Wake Forest University in 2012, and started my doctoral training in the Department of Statistics at the George Washington University in the same year. I got Ph.D. in Statistics in 2016. My dissertation was On Properties of Several Random Networks under the supervision of Professor Hosam M. Mahmoud.
- I am an Associate Editor of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (Since 2023).
- I am an Associate Editor of Journal of Data Science (Since 2020).
- My invited session proposal has been accepted for NESS 2023. The session title is “Recent Advances in Neuroimaging Data Integration and Analysis”. Four biostatisticians with expertise in neuroimaging will present their recent works in my invited session; They are Professors Ani Eloyan (Brown), Yanming Li (KUMC), Rongjie Liu (FSU) and Yuan Wang (SC).
- Our clinical paper “Turning apathy into action in neurodegenerative disease: Development and pilot testing of a goal-directed behaviour app” will appear in Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. The paper is in press, and available online (DOI).
- Our method paper “On several properties of a class of hybrid recursive trees” will appear in Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability. The paper is in press, and available online (DOI).
- My invited session proposal has been accepted for WNAR 2023. The session title is “Recent Advances in Statistical Methods for Complex Data Analysis”. There are four well established statisticians presenting their recent works in my invited session; They are Professors Jiashun Jin (CMU), Xiaojing Wang (UConn), Ronghui (Lily) Xu (UCSD) and Xiufan Yu (Notre Dame).
- My invited session proposal has been accepted for ICSA 2023 Applied Statistics Symposium. The session title is “Statistical and Machine Learning Methods with Applications to Neurodegenerative Diseases”. Four outstanding statisticians and biostatisticians will present their recent research in my invited session; They are Professors Ying Ding (Pitt), Yuan Huang (Yale), Yue Xing (Purdue) and Luo Xiao (NCSU).
- Address: 2525 West End Avenue, Suite 1100, Room 11128A, Nashville, TN 37203, U.S.A.
- Phone: (615) 322-2001
- Email: panpan (dot) zhang (at) vumc (dot) org
The creation of my personal website is based on the template provided by Professor Stuart Geiger.